Theresa May wants to take away our human rights and have us believe it’s preventing terrorism.
The Human Rights Act has been protecting people under British law since the year 2000.
The Act sets out your human rights in a series of ‘Articles’. Each Article deals with a different right. These are all taken from the ECHR and are commonly known as ‘the Convention Rights’:
- Article 2 Right to life
- Article 3 Freedom from torture and inhuman or degrading treatment
- Article 4 Freedom from slavery and forced labour
- Article 5 Right to liberty and security
- Article 6 Right to a fair trial
- Article 7 No punishment without law
- Article 8 Respect for your private and family life, home and correspondence
- Article 9 Freedom of thought, belief and religion
- Article 10 Freedom of expression
- Article 11 Freedom of assembly and association
- Article 12 Right to marry and start a family
- Article 14 Protection from discrimination in respect of these rights and freedoms
- Protocol 1, Article 1 Right to peaceful enjoyment of your property
- Protocol 1, Article 2 Right to education
- Protocol 1, Article 3 Right to participate in free elections
- Protocol 13, Article 1 Abolition of the death penalty
Now the British public have voted to leave the European Union, it creates a unique opportunity for the British government to choose which laws and policies to keep and which laws and policies to scrap.
With the recent terrorist attacks in the UK, Theresa May is determined to change the human rights act and have the British public believe that this is for the benefit of us all and to protect terrorists.
I'm clear: if human rights laws get in the way of tackling extremism and terrorism, we will change those laws to keep British people safe. pic.twitter.com/8EfUJYUDMK
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) June 6, 2017
Theresa May has already made numerous changes in law that violates our basic human rights. The Snoopers’ Charter which was made into law, forces internet service providers and mobile phone companies to keep logs and records on every web page we visit, videos we watch, emails we send etc etc.
Edward Snowden put it like this:
Want to see a politician clearly? Remove emotional words from their statements.
"If human rights laws get in the way, we will change them." https://t.co/Ci9yt7I9d6
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) August 5, 2017
Theresa May has a clear agenda, with Brexit she has the perfect opportunity to drop and create legislation as she pleases, she will spin a false narrative on how all these changes are required to prevent terrorism and keep us safe.
The truth is, all of the culprits from the recent terrorist attacks were known by MI5 and security services. They were monitored and put under closer surveillance, there is little doubt that at points their communications data was being monitored, regardless none of these people were stopped.
The truth is none of these changes to the Human Rights Act or any other pieces of legislation will stop terrorists, it’s purely an attempt by the establishment to monitor and track the British public on a large scale.
Theresa May is a cold, calculated liar and we must not let her or her party fool us into giving the government a free pass; to push through legislation that violates our rights.